Comedian and host Dave Rubin identifies as a classical liberal who has broken away from the progressive left. The host of “The Rubin Report” joined Glenn on today’s show to talk about everything from free speech to the rise of artificial intelligence.
“We live in a society now where ideas are frightening, and ideas don’t frighten me,” Glenn said. “What frightens me are those people who believe only their ideas have value and should be heard.”
Rubin pointed out that free thinkers from both sides of the aisle are learning to come together even when they disagree. Ben Shapiro and Sam Harris may be opposites on the political spectrum, but they’ve been able to have civil discussions that we can all learn from.
“This is going to be the year of unusual alliances, and I think we’re seeing that already,” Rubin said.
Here are some of the topics Glenn and Rubin covered on today’s show (listen to the full interview here):
- Why we’re all becoming “parasites” on Twitter
- How Rubin went through an awakening to leave the progressive left
- The difference between classical liberals and progressives
- How the left “reacts to truth”
- What Christina Hoff Sommers, Ben Shapiro and Sam Harris have in common
This article was originally published on GlennBeck.com.