UPDATE : 8/29/17 6:55 PM
- SCHOOL CLOSINGS Wednesday 8/30 (Decision to return Thursday will be on Wednesday)
High Island ISD
Bob Hope School/Hebert Adult Day Care Center
Sabine Pass ISD
Bob Hope School
Hardin Jefferson ISD
- SCHOOL CLOSINGS THROUGH THURSDAY AUG. 31st (Decision to return on Friday will be made Thursday)
Port Arthur ISD
- SCHOOL CLOSINGS THROUGH TUESDAY SEPT. 5TH
Diocese of Beaumont
East Chambers ISD
West Orange-Cove CISD
Lamar University Beaumont (campus & online classes)
Beaumont Classical Academy
Little Cypress Mauriceville ISD
Bridge City ISD
Silsbee ISD (All athletic activities at Silsbee ISD have been cancelled the remainder of the week including football, volleyball and cross country, for the safety of our students and staff)
GOVERNMENT OFFICES AND EVENTS (INCLUDING SCHOOL EVENTS/SPECIFIC ACADEMIC EVENTS)
- City of Beaumont: ALL non-essential city offices closed Monday
- Trash pick up is delayed until city offices are open for business.
- Non-essential city services unavailable Monday
- Decision later Tuesday about tomorrow’s schedule.
- Beaumont ISD: All BISD football scrimmages have been cancelled.
- Beaumont Police Cops & Kids Carnival: Rescheduled for Oct.28 to coincide with BPD's Halloween Trunk
- Beaumont Best Years Center: Closed Monday
- Sterling Pruitt Activity Center: Closed Monday
- Deep East Texas Council of Governments: Thursday, 8/31, Open House/Board Meeting canceled
- DETCOG’s Executive Committee will meet by conference call, 11 a.m. 8/31. Public may listen in at the DETCOG office in Jasper.
- Ezra Charles' "The Story of Boogie Woogie:" Rescheduled from this Saturday to Sept. 23.
- Tickets will be honored on the new date or refunds may be requested.
- City of Groves: Tuesday garbage pickup canceled. Landfill flooded, closed at this time.
- Gladys City Oil Company 125th Anniversary: Rescheduled for Sept. 2 at 10 a.m.
- Hardin County: All county offices open normal hours Monday
- Jasper County Precinct 3 Justice of the Peace court dates originally set for Tuesday have been rescheduled.
- Jefferson County: All county offices, including the court house, closed Monday
- Jasper ISD: All football scrimmages against Cold Springs Friday have been cancelled. Varsity will play Buna at Legacy Stadium in Beaumont at 4 p.m.
- KidFish 2017: Rescheduled to Sept. 30
- Lamar University: Saturday's SAT Administration that was to be held on Lamar University's campus now cancelled.
- Test-takers will receive an email to their registered address on College Board.
- Lamar University Softball Camp: Registered campers should watch for email from Coach Allison Honkofsky with details. Or call (409) 880-7448 or email email@example.com
- Legacy Christian Academy SAT:Testing scheduled for Saturday, 8/26, has been rescheduled for Sept. 16, 2017.
- Nederland ISD: NISD Board of Trustees August 30 training meeting cancelled.
- City of Nederland: Tuesday garbage service delayed until Wednesday or later
- City of Nederland:The Marion & Ed Hughes Library, Nederland Municipal Court and Nederland Recreation Center closed until 12PM on Wednesday
- Utility bill payments will not be accepted at City Hall until 12PM Wednesday
- Orange County Jury Duty: Dockets for Monday have been cancelled. You will not have to show up for jury duty.
- City of Port Arthur Transit: Running on Monday
- City of Port Arthur: No trash/garbage pick up Monday
- City of Port Arthur Municipal Court: Closed Monday
- City of Port Arthur Customer Service/Water Utility Collections: Closed Monday
- Spindletop Gladys City Museum: Closed Monday, Tuesday
- Silsbee SAT Testing: Testing scheduled for Saturday, 8/26, has been rescheduled for Sept. 16, 2017.
- Southeast Texas Career Institute - Silsbee: Closed Monday
- ALL Stark Cultural Venues: Closed for the week. Reopen Tuesday Sept 5 Including...
- Stark Museum of Art - 712 Green Avenue, Orange, TX
- The W.H. Stark House & Carriage House - 610 Main Avenue, Orange, TX
- Shangri La Gardens - 2111 West Park Avenue, Orange, TX
- Lutcher Theater - 707 Main Avenue, Orange, TX
- Stark Foundation Administration - 601 Green Avenue, Orange, TX
- West Brook High School SAT: Testing scheduled for Saturday, 8/26, has been rescheduled for Sept. 16, 2017.
- All Faiths Day School - Silsbee: Closed Monday
- Capland Speech Therapy Center - Port Arthur: Closed Monday
- Southeast Texas Food Bank:Senior Food Box distributions in Port Arthur canceled Tuesday
- Heatherbrook Park Apartments
- St. Paul United Methodist Church
- Edison Square Apartments
- Crystal Creek Park Apartments
- Gulf Credit Union locations: Closed Monday through Wednesday. Weather permitting, will open noon- 3pm Friday
- Greenfrog Daycare - Nederland: Closed Monday
- Huntsman Port Neches Operations: Closed for all nonessential personnel on Monday
- Company will update the employee hotline throughout the day Monday
- Parkdale Mall: Closed Sunday
- Redeemer Lutheran Children's Center: Closed for the week. Reopen Tuesday Sept 5
- Southeast Texas Family Resource Center - Beaumont: Closed Monday
- Office of Nestor C Punay M.D.: Closed Monday
UPDATE 8/29/17 4:45 PM
Hwy 69 North & South bound lanes between Beaumont & Lumberton - TxDOT
Here are the shelter locations:
- Beaumont Civic Center - 701 Main Street in Beaumont (bring ID)
- Salvation Army - 2350 Interstate 10 Frontage Road in Beaumont (bring ID)
- Bob Bowers Civic Center - 3401 Cultural Center Drive in Port Arthur
- First United Methodist Church - 501 Main Street in Vidor
- Parkway Life Church - 1865 FM 3515 in Lumberton
- First United Methodist Church - 11929 Highway 12 at Johnson Road in Mauriceville
- True Vine Baptist Church - 113 County Road 3070 in Woodville
- Hamshire First Baptist Church - 25304 Highway 124 in Hamshire
Southeast Texas Food Bank will need to cancel its scheduled Senior Food Box distributions
To News Media,
Regrettably, due to deteriorating weather and road conditions, the Southeast Texas Food Bank will need to cancel its scheduled Senior Food Box distributions at the following sites in Port Arthur today (Tuesday, August 29):
Heatherbrook Park Apartments
St. Paul United Methodist Church
Edison Square Apartments
Crystal Creek Park Apartments
Executive Director Southeast Texas Food Bank
3845 S. M L King, Jr. Parkway Beaumont, TX 77705-4114
Phone (409) 839-8777 x109
Toll Free (844) 356-9084
NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC FROM GALVESTON COUNTY
All Galveston County facilities will remain closed until Friday, September 1, 2017, with the exception of Calder Road, which will open on Tuesday, August 29, 2017 at 1:30 p.m. solely for the Special Meeting of the Galveston County Commissioners Court and will close after the conclusion of the meeting, with the exception of those essential to ongoing rescue and emergency operations for authorized personnel.
Thereafter, all Galveston County facilities will remain closed until Friday, September 1, 2017, with the exception of those personnel and operations essential to the ongoing rescue and emergency operations.
Thus, it is presently anticipated that Galveston County facilities will reopen on Friday, September 1, 2017.
***This notice also includes all Galveston County Courts at Law and all Galveston County Judicial District Courts***
NOTICE TO GALVESTON COUNTY EMPLOYEES:
Galveston County will remain Closed until Friday, September 1, 2017 – Report to Work on Friday, September 1, 2017. Due to Hurricane Harvey, all Galveston County facilities will remain closed until Friday, September 1, 2017. At the present time, it is anticipated that Galveston County facilities will reopen on Friday, September 1, 2017. Only those employees essential to the ongoing rescue and emergency operations who have been directed by their Department Head or Official to be at work should report to work. Those employees who have been directed to report to the Galveston County Emergency Operations Center (EOC) should report to the EOC if ONLY IF YOU CAN DO SO SAFELY. All other employees should NOT report to work.
The Galveston County Office of Emergency Management and the Emergency Operations Center is at Level 1 status.
UPDATE 8/29/17 8:05AM
You can also go to drivetexas.org
UPDATE : 8/28/17 9:50AM
VENUE CLOSINGS MONDAY 8/28 & TUESDAY 8/29 (Keep checking back, this list may change)
Stark Cultural Center (Org.)
All Jefferson County offices will be temporarily closed Tuesday. The temporary closing will be re-evaluated tomorrow(8/29). Each county employee should maintain contact with their county email and their supervisor to monitor the status of county offices.
Map of road closures at drivetexas.org
UPDATE: 8/28/17 12:10PM
•Water over the road at the intersection of I10 and SH146 (This is not the main lanes of I10)
•Water on two lanes of I10 westbound (Main lanes) at FM3180
•FM565 at I10 is CLOSED
•Water over the road on SH99 from I10 to approximately one mile south. The northbound lanes of this are CLOSED.
•The eastbound FRONTAGE road of I10 at SH99 is CLOSED
•SH146 southbound at Cherry Point Drive is CLOSED
•FM1406 at Jefferson/Chambers County line water over the road
•FM1663 at North Hampshire Road water over the road
•SH65 – half mile east of SH124 water over the road
•SH124 from SH73 to SH65 water over the road
•SH124 from FM1406 to Buccaneer CLOSED due to water over the road
HARDIN COUNTY– water over the road, no closures
•FM421- US96 to SH326, several locations
•FM1003 North- at FM943
•FM1003 South- at FM770
•FM1293-at Kountze High School
•FM770- at Brown Road
•SH326-at Hallelujah Road
•FM787-at Jackson Loop
•FM770- at Batson Prairie Loop
•US69- Lumberton High School
•Evadale-US96 turnaround closed--water over road
UPDATE 8/28/17 4:40 PM
I-10 West near Smith Road Jefferson Co. closed due to water over road.
•Water over the frontage roads of US69 north and southbound from Treadway to the northern US69/I10 interchange.
•Southbound SH105 at US69 CLOSED
•US69 frontage roads near Lamar University have water over the road
•MLK near US69 has water over the road
•Magnolia at Twin City Hwy CLOSED due to water over the road
•Sections of FM365 on either side of Magnolia Ave. are CLOSED due to water over the road.
•SH321 CLOSED from US90 north for six miles due to water over the road
•Several areas of FM1008 have water over the road
•FM1409 south of CR470 has water over the road
•SH105 at SH321 water over the road
•The exit ramp to FM1010 from the SH105 Bypass is CLOSED
•US59 southbound is CLOSED.
•SH105 – water over road in several areas
•SH146 – north and southbound to Polk County line – water over road
•FM1960 from Liberty County line to Dayton – water over road
•SH146 – from Chambers County to Dayton – water over road
•FM1010 – CLOSED at FM1010
•FM1960: water over the road east and west of CR615
•FM2930- south, water over the roadway
•US90 in Raywood, water over the roadway
•US90 at Trinity River Bridge, water on shoulders of the roadway
•US90 at FM770, water covering the intersection
•SH146 in Harden, water over the roadway
•SH146 North at McQuire Rd., water over roadway
•FM563 at CR133N, water over the roadway
•SH146 at CR4922, water over the roadway
•SH105 CLOSED From Moss Hill to Cleveland
•Water over the road on FM253 near the Jasper/Newton Co. line
•FM2626 – southbound lane has water over the road between Quicksand Creek & US190.
•Spur272 - water over the road at the school.
•SH73 at FM1442 water over the road
•SH87 near Walmart in Orange water over the road
•I10 frontage roads near SH62 water over the road
•FM105 at I10 water over the road
•SH12 at SH62 water over the road
•Eastbound I10 frontage road at SH 62 CLOSED due to water over the road
•The turnaround at Adams Bayou under I10 is CLOSED due to water over the road
•The exit for FM105 from I10 westbound is closed due to water over the road
Group scenes of the State of Texas’ Emergency Operations Center, where coordination is occurring among the State and many other federal agencies, voluntary organizations. (Photos provided by FEMA)
"JEFFERSON COUNTY — The Jefferson County Courthouse is closed Monday, Aug. 28, due to the weather related to Harvey, but county commissioners will meet to conduct business.
To assure compliance with the Texas Open Meetings Act, the commissioners courtroom will be open to the public.
Anyone interested in attending should enter the building through the front door at the historical side of the courthouse (1149 Pearl Street).
Those with disabilities needing assistance to access the courthouse should call the Jefferson County Office of Emergency Management at (409) 835-8757 upon arrival at the courthouse.
The emergency item on the commissioners' agenda, as expected, is to extend and renew the disaster declaration from last week.
The following counties are on the state's disaster declaration list:
"Our partners at the federal level have stood ready to answer the call for help from Texas, and I am thankful for their assistance as we continue to assess the situation in expanded areas across our state," said Governor Abbott. "Many parts of Eastern Texas, especially in and around Houston, are experiencing historic flooding causing the need to grow for additional resources that will allow us to answer the call for help from our fellow Texans. I thank those at FEMA for their attention to the severity of the situation in Texas and the people of this great state for coming together in this time of need."